Natural Metal Products – The advantage to natural metal roofing products (copper, zinc, cor-ten, etc.) is that the completed roof system will only improve in appearance over time. Additionally, most natural products have a very long service life, having the potential to out-last the structure for which they are installed.
* Copper – 16 and 20 ounce corrugated and standing-seam profiles, roofing and siding, available with factory or field applied patina. Cooper roofing is bright and shiny when new (like a new penny), but quickly turns to a bronze-red patina within 2-weeks exposure, faster when in close proximity to salt air. Typically, coastal projects will turn to a green patina within three weeks of exposure. Pure copper gutters in standard or custom profiles are available with copper down spouts. Filed applied chemical patinas provide a wide range of color choices, ranging from deep red-purples to light-dark greens. Copper is a soft metal and will experience some degree of " oil-canning" which is a wavy appearance in the flat portion of the roof panels. This is not a defect, but a characteristic of copper roofing, and usually becomes less apparent following the effects of weathering.
* Zinc – 0.7 and 0.8-mm thickness, corrugated and standing-seam profiles, roofing and siding, available with factory applied patina. Zinc roofing is bright and shiny when new (similar to bright stainless steel of aluminum appearance), but quickly turns to a light gray appearance depending of local environmental conditions. Factory applied or pre-aged patinas can be provided, producing colors ranging from light gray to charcoal-black.
* Cor-ten – 22 and 18 gauge, corrugated and standing-seam/batten-seam profiles, roofing and siding. Cot- ten steel is a heavy steel product that turns very quickly to a rust-red appearance.
* Stainless Steel – 26 and 24 gauge, corrugated and standing-seam/batten-seam profiles, roofing and siding. Stainless steel is available in a variety of brushed finishes ranging from shiny bright to dull gray.
* Zincalume and Galvalume – Corrosion resistant zinc coatings applied to most steel panels. Zincalume has an appearance similar to conventional galvanized metal but with smaller "spangling" and less shiny appearance.
Colored Metal Products: * Steel – 30 to 16 gauge available. Corrugated and standing-seam/batten-seam profiles. Simulated shingle and tile profiles are also available. Standard color finishes as well as custom colors are available. * Aluminum – Similar thick nesses as steel panels with same panel profile and color options.